Renaissance man

That last entry was Kai's own words, copied by me, from an entry in his journal.
I would also like to add, that later that day, he drove our dingy over to our friends boat where he baked and braided Chala bread with the first mate and then learned how to tie shackle pulls from the skipper-he made three perfect ones.
The day before that, he made his dad a necklace out of a Sea lion tusk. He dug out the knot book and figured out how to adjust a complicated whipping pattern to secure the unusual shape.
-I had tried (in vain) to do the same exact thing, a few days before, for a gift for Jon and only succeeded in frustrating myself and wasting about two feet of twine. 
Jon and I were busy (napping) and Kai walked in and laid the beautiful, perfect, complicated, carefully made necklace on our bed.
"Here you go, daddy. I made Mommy's father's day present for you." he said, in his funny, sweet voice and wandered out leaving us shaking our heads in wonder.




No comments:

Post a Comment