A post by Kai

SPEARFISHING

So there I was, thirty yards off the boulder strewn outcropping that makes up the point of Ramada. I take ten long slow breaths then with a final intake I fill my lungs with air and dive.
I dive down twenty feet. The usually warm water is chilling at this depth. I plant my knees firmly on the ledge. I lay and wait for something to swim by but nothing does so with a last effort i dig deep for my last reserves of air and venture down further. Seconds later, I see a Giant Hogfish swim by. Taking the gun, I brace myself to shoot but just then, another, even bigger Hogfish comes out of a crack. I take aim and fire...a perfect shot, right in the gills!
I swim happily back to the surface. Later on, my mom cooks it in a delicious curry. That day was one of the happiest days in my life. It was the day i shot my first fish.
A day to remember

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! Magnificent! What a feat! What a fish! My god, it looks like me! I love you.

    ReplyDelete